Monday, February 9, 2009

the week ahead

Beyond the fact I'm committed to diving into the Maddy Blue manuscript this week I have a lot to accomplish over the next five days. Of course, the majority of the 'stuff' will happen on Friday and it will take all week to prepare for one day.

Friday is my son's 10th birthday and my turn to read in his class and take him lunch for his birthday. It is also the day the hubby and oldest daughter leave for the first soccer tournament of the season. Friday is my middle daughter's last middle school dance; the Valentine's Dance is the big social event of the year for her and before the dance I host a 'fancy' dinner. So, even though menu is complete, I need to do the shopping and the prep work that goes along with a four course meal served on china.

The rest of the week holds all the usual chores and duties; I just need to chart them out and come up with a plan for getting it all done in such a way that I have blocks of time to work on the manuscript.

Mix into this the fact that I'm halfway through the latest Stephanie Plum novel, "Plum Spooky" and can't wait to get back to reading it.

Sometimes the calendar hanging on my kitchen wall just isn't big enough. I've joked for years about having the hubby spray paint a wall in the pantry with chalkboard paint so I can have a wall sized calendar. It is weeks like this when I come close to making the trip to Home Depot, buying a few cans of the stuff and tackling the job myself.

But that would be just one more thing to do.

2 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Wonder what you (or I) would do if you (or I) had NOTHING to do ?

Kim Smith said...

I am with you, girl. I have the book tour, work, photography stuff, and FITNESS. Yes, I said the Eff word. Sigh. It is paying off though! I am jogging one minute and walking two ! :D