Thursday, February 19, 2009

photos

I dug around in the attic yesterday and found a few old photo albums from my college years. I don't have many pictures from my years at IU. Those were the days before digital cameras when no one took 500 pictures of just one event, previewed them, deleted the poor shots and then uploaded them to a computer to fix, crop etc. Nope. You had to buy film, load it in the camera and then once the film was used, take it to the drugstore to have it developed. Needless to say, my entire IU experience can be boiled down to just a few pages.

But, those few pictures brought to mind lots of events, fun and good times. I've reconnected with some of my old college friends/roommates via facebook. I've uploaded a few pictures from those years and we are having fun remembering all the fun we had! I hope they can find their pictures and share as well.

While the digital cameras are easier to use, something has been lost with that transformation from film to computer memory chip. It reminds me of the same type of loss we will experience as handwritten and mailed letters wane due to the prominence of email.

No comments: