Tuesday, February 24, 2009

spring cleaning

To continue the theme I started yesterday, I think I've fallen victim to the spring cleaning bug. I have the sudden and quite unexpected urge to take inventory of the closets and cabinets, clear out items that haven't been used in the past 12 months and box them up for Goodwill. If garage sales weren't such an effort and if soccer didn't dominate every weekend, I'd even contemplate doing one of those in the next few weeks.

How is it that we gather so much stuff? Some stuff is given to us, other stuff we actually purchase ourselves. Reminds me of the old George Carlin routine about stuff and how we need bigger houses and garages and storage sheds to hold all of our stuff.

The downside to this is that when this mood strikes I've been known to dispose of things I later regret. Balance and moderation, even in spring cleaning or a ruthless purging of stuff? I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

There's something about the Spring sunshine that spotlights all the dust bunnies that have collected over the winter. BUT with a little hard work, even those urges to CLEAN can be resisted.

Kim Smith said...

Ahem. Did you bring on this snowy weather by doing spring housecleaning? You know like when you wash your car and it makes it rain?? :)