Tuesday, February 10, 2009

schnitzel

I took the leap and thanks to the help of the Food Network's website, I found a schnitzel recipe and prepared it for dinner last night. All at the table proclaimed it delicious. Of course I then learned that my hubby never ate schnitzel the whole time we were in Germany. Not sure where I was, but he always ordered something else. He loved what I made last night and gave it two thumbs up. It was very easy and in some ways very cathartic to make that dinner. Nothing like a hammer and a pork chop to take away stress! The photo is of my first schnitzel dinner, complete with spaetzel, which I didn't try and replicate last night, as well as Scott's veal dinner. His skillet meal in is in the foreground. I have photographic evidence of his non-schnitzel eating vacation even if I don't recall what he ate.

So, here is the recipe for schnitzel.....

Hammer thin boneless pork chops; I managed to make mine about a 1/4 inch thin. Season with salt and pepper.
Have one bowl each of flour, 3 beaten eggs, dried bread crumbs
Dredge pork in flour, then egg then crumbs. Set aside.
Heat oil and butter in skillet....let foam from the butter subside. Fry each schnitzel, just flipping once. They won't take long to cook. Remove and drain.

That is it....easy, easy, easy and very tasty. Off to look for the spaetzel recipe.....and if I can find a good jager sauce recipe to put on the schnitzel, that would be great.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

ohhhh stopp!!!! you are making me sooo hungry.

SW posted over at Mb4 today -- go check it out :)