Monday, February 2, 2009

home

Although I was only away from hubby and kids for three days, it felt like ten days. I missed them so much. My travels went smoothly, no delays due to weather and clear roads from Pittsburgh to Waynesburg. I had a nice rental car, a decent hotel room and good company for my trip.

The funeral and all the other happenings went smoothly and I think Grandma would have been happy with the number of her family who were there to send her off. She had planned the whole thing years ago, from what songs were sung to what readings were read. She'd told them how she wanted her hair to look, what she wanted to be dressed in, what earrings to put on her.

I know for sure my control freak nature is inherited.

I'm very glad I was able to go. I'm very glad I'm home safe and sound. I had a lot of folks praying for me.....every denomination and variety under the sun. All those good thoughts worked.

My uncle will be stopping by on his way back to New Mexico. He should arrive tomorrow after he stops in at my parents' house on the other side of the state. I'm so thankful he made the trip and that we had each other to lean on during last week.

I have quite a bit of library and bookstore stuff to keep my spare moments occupied this week. I've let a few things slide and I need to play catch up.

The biggest think I've let slide is my fiction writing. That will also be fixed in short order.

Funerals have a real way of putting life into perspective. My grandmother was an amazing storyteller and I've known for years that if I was ever fortunate enough to be able to pen a dedication for a book, she would be mentioned. It is time to finish and send that WIP out into the world.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. She would be so proud to hear you say that you would honor her in such a manner. I am here, sweetie. Get that book going.