Tuesday, July 17, 2007

what to read next

I can be a compulsive book buyer. I rarely buy hardbacks, but often succumb to the lure of paperbacks. Right now, on my nightstand, I have four books I purchased and haven't read. Two are mysteries, one is historical fiction and one is women's fiction. I bought two at B&N, one at Sam's Club and one at Target. I stacked them in the order I purchased them with the oldest on top. I'll probably take one or two with me on vacation, but unfortunately I can't read in the car. I get motion sick even trying to read a map. So, I'll have to try and carve out a bit of time to read either before the family gets up or if we hang out at the pool, maybe I can find some time then.

The main thing is, when I'm at the library this week, I must not check anything out. This is really hard for me to do. Then, of course, that book leaps to the front of the line because it has a timeline associated with it. Which would account for why I have four unread paperbacks still sitting by my bed.

On a totally different front, I did manage to revise 15 more pages in Maddy Blue yesterday. Today should be a good day to work as I've already told the kids we are not leaving the house until it is time to deliver the oldest two to the library for their summer reading volunteer jobs.

We only have three weeks of summer left. Soccer conditioning starts tonight and runs for the next two weeks then practice begins. Wow.

2 comments:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

They say it's not how much you read, but how it affects your life.

;-)

Seriously, breathing is an addiction too, but you don't want an intervention for THAT! Enjoy your vacation, Liz.

EYR said...

Is there a 12 step program for readers?? Probably should be!

My goal of writing the morning away fell to the way side as we spent 2 fu*&ing hours at the doctor's office this morning cuz the biggest kid has some weird skin rash. Arghhhhhhh

I need a vacation now:)