Sunday, July 15, 2007

chat

I love to chat, especially when it involves a wonderful coffee drink, and plenty of time to settle in and enjoy a visit. With the hubby and the three kiddoes, finding time to get out and hang with buddies can be difficult. Saturday, however, worked out for me and I was able to sneak off to B&N and visit my writing friend for a 3 hour visit!

First thing I checked for Michelle Moran's new book. It was waaaaay back among the fiction shelves and not up front like I'd hoped. I was assured by the kind gentleman working the help desk that it is tagged as a 'feature' and will be moved up front when they get the rest of their shipment. They only had three copies.

Next we headed back to the coffee area. This is where it pays to know the barista. We are there often enough that he recognizes us and is more than happy to concoct my lowfat requests and veer from the recipe. We scored some amazing raspberry mocha icy drinks and grabbed a big table and talked books.

K. and I have known each other for almost 4 years now. We can chat about books we are reading, vent about our writing and plot the next story. The words flow and before you know it it is time to head back to reality.

Writing is a solitary endeavor. Writers are so fortunate when they find another writer to share the journey. I'm so glad I know K.

No comments: