Monday, July 9, 2007

good things


I didn't even open the WIP Saturday or Sunday. Instead I read two very different pieces of YA fiction. The first was "Wildwood Dancing" by Juliet Marillier. I've read her adult fiction before and have loved the way she expands an ancient fairy tale into a new creation. This latest book takes what seems to be several Romanian fairy tales and combines them into a decent book. It isn't my favorite of hers, but it was a satisfying read.
Then on Saturday the kid and I stopped in at B&N while we were out shopping. Because as she said, a trip to the mall with Mom isn't complete without a stop at the bookstore. Boy is she glad I'm such a creature of habit. We picked up the latest Georgia adventure by Louise Rennison. "Love is a many Trousered Thing" is a hoot and a half. I LOVE these books and so does the kid. In fact, Rennison is totally responsible for my kid becoming an avid reader. If I could buy the woman a cake, I would.
Today I have lots of ground to make up, but seeing my kid lay on the couch, read and finish a book in one day was worth not working on my writing.

No comments: