Wednesday, July 18, 2007

drats, foiled again

My big plans for yesterday were dashed on the rocks of a three hour trip to the doctor's office. Yes, as is usual, my day of staying home morphed into a morning spent obtaining a diagnosis for one kid. By noon we were back home, after getting one shot, filling a prescription and picking up a giant package of Bagel Bites. Because those mini pizzas will cure what the medicine won't. Or so I was told.

I didn't even open the Maddy file yesterday. Today doesn't look much better. I'm going to try and sneak up here after the French horn lesson and put on my mean mom face to any child who dares to occupy the same space. At the rate I'm going, this darn book will still be in stage one of revisions when my life becomes dominated by the book store. That is not good.

Sigh.

2 comments:

Dwight's Writing Manifesto said...

FRENCH HORN???

You're taking French Horn lessons? Giving them?

"I want to meet a little girl,
with French Horn lips,
and introduce her to my trip."
- E, Nowheresville

There's a special place in heaven for chicks who play French Horn.

EYR said...

Are you kidding me...I'm so unmusical that the kids beg me not to sing while I cook.
The oldest daughter plays French Horn....maybe all these lessons will pay off in a college scholarship, someday.