Monday, February 4, 2013

sporty

The weekend was quite sporty. Hubby was given four tickets to the local university's basketball game on Saturday. So we loaded up the family truckster and headed into the big city for lunch and some b-ball at the big arena. Pretty impressive place. I hadn't been in a NBA facility before and the local uni shares space with our local NBA team. The local team won by 30. Still fun to watch. A different style of b-ball, much more street ball than finesse ball, but some amazing athleticism on display.

Came on home with every intention of watching my beloved alma mater play. I fell asleep! Ugh!! Missed the entire game. But, I guess they didn't need me watching to win as they knocked off the #1 team. Yeah! Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Then yesterday was the Super Bowl. It looked like a blow out was in the making and then the power blew out. The momentum shifted and the 49ers actually made a game of it. But, Baltimore wound up on top.

Now, here's to the real important stuff. I loved the Budweiser commercial. Those Clydesdale's get me every time. And as one soccer mom said, the horse trainer was kind of cute too! Next up, the old folks in the Taco Bell ad. Hilarious! Of course, the farmer themed ad was a blatant tug at the heartstrings. I wonder how many folks in our nation don't have farmers in their past? Universal appeal and well done. Oprah did a nice job with her voice over in the other emotional ad of the night.  M&M commercials are always cute.

So, I'd say the ads this year were a success. The only one that made us all cringe and groan with the Go Daddy commercial with Bar Refaeli and the geeky guy. Hmmm. On the other hand, it was for sure an image that was hard to forget.

Up next for the sporty world is the BIG DANCE. I'm harboring high hopes for my Hoosiers.

Enjoy Monday.

No comments: