Wednesday, February 27, 2013

i need sun

We've had two gray, dreary, wet, nasty days in a row and I'm ready to see some sun. I keep seeing all these folks posting pictures of their getaways to tropical, sunny Florida and points further south. Just a tad bit jealous.  How did I live in the cold, dark north for so long? I think moving back there would be a soul crushing event. Hubby and I talk periodically about moving when we retire....hmmm, can't say that anywhere up north holds any appeal for me. But, in reality, he will probably never retire, so I imagine we will be staying right here in the Ville for the long haul. Fine by me. We have far more sunny days than gray ones here.

Plus, from here I can get to the coast and plant my a$$ in the sand in less than 8 hours. Perfect.

I'm already looking forward to our long weekend at the beach in May. And we get to see my folks! Win-Win.

There are very few things in life I enjoy more than making a fresh pot of coffee, pouring a huge mug full, walking down to the beach and watching the sun rise, the gulls fish, and the dolphins jump. I don't think I would ever tire of that. It is such a special treat. It makes me happy just thinking about it!!

And it is now Wednesday. Yes.


No comments: