Tuesday, June 7, 2011

game of thrones

Of course I've read all of George R.R. Martin's massive books. I don't remember how old I was when I first discovered them, but the complicated storyline and the hundreds of characters seem to have been 'with' me for decades at this point.

When I first saw the trailer on HBO for the TV series based on the books, I about came off the couch. TV just doesn't do 'fantasy' like this. Well, maybe the SyFy channel tries to do fantasy like this in a strictly B-movie manner. I was hopeful HBO would spend the money to roll out the Seven Kingdoms in the manner it deserved.

I'd have to say the network has done a good job of bringing Martin's story to the screen. Of course, my two favorite characters in the book have been successfully brought to life by the actors chosen to portray them. Tyrion Lannister is fantastic and I can't wait to see more of Arya Stark.

I watched back to back episodes yesterday to get caught up and realized season one will be coming to a close soon. Which, of course, means True Blood rolls out for season four.

Thank Goodness for networks like HBO who can deliver edgy programming with fantastic acting.

No comments: