Thursday, June 16, 2011

and then the bigwigs arrive.......

After working 'solo' for over a month, my boss arrives next week in order to prepare for the bigwigs to arrive a day later. It is time for their annual board of director's meeting and I will have the opportunity to meet all those folks whose names I've become familiar with over the last several weeks.

It should be interesting. It will be tiring. I'm sort of looking forward to it.

The best part of my job, so far, is when I get to write. I've been writing letters, I've been working on a new public outreach course, I've been crafting text for an annual report. That is fun stuff. The worst part is when I have to input data into excel. Excel is the bane of my life at the moment. I spent two hours working in that program yesterday, left with a raging headache, and dread the thought of having to do anymore with it today.

I'm not sure where my loathing came from, other than Excel deals with and is driven by numbers. Ick.

I do need to rise above my dislike, however, as I do have to use the program several times a week. I need to force myself to play with it, become more comfortable with it and try and hide my distaste for it.

All in a days work as we get ready for next week and the bigwigs to arrive!

No comments: