Thursday, January 27, 2011

what to wear...hosted by Helena Bonham Carter

I adore Helena Bonham Carter. The woman has incredible talent. She did a fabulous job in "The King's Speech." She IS Bellatrix LeStrange in the Harry Potter movies. I've admired her in all of the other films she's done as well.

And she can work the red carpet at awards shows.

Of course all the fashion pundits put her on the worst dress list, year in and year out. I think she is laughing all the way to the 'bank'.  I don't think she gives a flying flip for looking elegant, or stunning, or breathtaking. I think she enjoys costumes, drama, fun and giving them all something to talk about.

The Vivienne Westwood number she wore to the Golden Globes was a hot mess and she took it one step further with the mismatched shoes. Brilliant! The big sunglasses were inspired. Fabulous! The ratty hair...hilarious!

I can't wait to see what she wears to the Oscars....how she can top that get-up and give them all something more to talk about.

Strut your stuff, Helena! All the world is your stage!! She seems to be one actress who doesn't take her role in the public eye too seriously....but I have a feeling that when the cameras are rolling, she is a consummate professional. And, that my friends, is where it matters.

2 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I agree. There is something sexy about her give a shit attitude. And she is a great actor.

EYR said...

Travis, yep...got to love the attitude! And admire the talent.