Thursday, January 13, 2011

crazy heart

I've written before about how much I love Netflix. I've watched some great shows and movies that I might not have seen without having this service. When I put "Crazy Heart" on my list, circumstances delivered it right before Christmas. With the hustle of the season, the disc sat on the kitchen counter for weeks. I finally watched the movie yesterday. Now I know why Jeff Bridges won an Oscar for his performance. This was a really good movie full of subtle and nuanced acting.  In many ways it was a quiet movie. The action was limited, but the driving force, the characters were intense, sympathetic and interesting.  What a mix of actors too, Robert Duvall, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Colin Farrell and of course, Bridges.

Good Stuff.

Needless to say, I didn't read my book yesterday. I enjoyed the movie, made a big pot of potato soup and stayed warm.

Up for today is my normal Friends/Library routine plus I need to buy an ink cartridge for the printer. Woot:)

No comments: