Friday, January 14, 2011

movie night and money

I think I have hubby convinced to head out to the movies tonight. I really want to see 'The King's Speech' and it has finally arrived at our local cineplex.  No, it isn't some 3-D action adventure thriller, but I think we will enjoy it...or at least I know I will!

Today is our executive board meeting for the Friends followed by our lunch out at the local 'watering' hole.  Not that we will imbibe much beyond ice tea, but the option is there if needed.

I've been working on estimating budget numbers for our group as well as compiling the stats for the annual report.  We gave approximately $9,000 less to the library this past year. For the past four years we have contributed over $31,000, and this year we were at $22,000.  We have, however, saved almost $45,000 for the future expansion of the library. Our goal on that effort is $100,000 and we are almost half way there. That is exciting news.

The Library has their request in for 2011 and is asking for about $16,000. This won't be a problem, although we may have to make that donation in two sums, one before summer and one after.

But, all those numbers won't mean much if we don't get book donations.  We are down, just like last year, in the volume donated to us. Not good. I hope warmer weather and the spring cleaning urge can help us in a few weeks to fill the bins, boxes and shelves.

Movies, money and books...my Friday trifecta.  Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: