Wednesday, January 12, 2011

short weeks

With the kids have Monday and Tuesday off this week, plus the upcoming three day weekend due to MLK's holiday, it seems like we will never get back into a normal routine.  Or, when we finally do, it is going to be rough going for a bit as we adjust to a regular schedule.

We woke up to the cold air as promised. My laptop weather bug feature indicated it was a whopping 14 degrees outside this morning. Brrrrrr.  And we still have lots of snow on the ground. Brrrrr.

If I didn't have to go out today, I wouldn't. But, as I forget to put on my list several needed items, I think a Target run is in store for me today. I also plan on doing some reading. It is very difficult to read when the kids are around. Too many distractions. Too many conversations, arguments, noises, movement etc. to allow me to enjoy a book.

I started a new to me author, Carol Berg. The first book in this series is "Flesh and Spirit." It is basically the adventures of a ne'er do well young man as he tries to run away from his magical legacy. So far, so good.

Happy Wednesday...even though it feels like it should be a Monday.

No comments: