Tuesday, August 4, 2009

what is on the calendar

I need to start making my lists. Now that the start of a new school year is just days away, I need to get back to work on my big 'fall' event; handing over the reins of the bookstore to the two ladies who will step into the manager's role.

It can be a delicate thing to hand something like that off. I've been so tied into the whole endeavor and now I will attempt to step back, be of assistance when asked, but let them bring their vision and ideas to the project.

I have a meeting planned with them for this month and then a general 'all store volunteer' meeting planned for September.

In the meantime, there is always the regular work to do. I have two meetings tomorrow; one to discuss space issues and constraints involving the donation process. The other is our regular monthly meeting for the Friends. I hope the warmer temps predicted for tomorrow don't impact our discussions.

The bookstore has thrived over the summer months, so much so that we are in desperate need for donations, specifically paperback romances. I put a call out on facebook for that genre of book, so hopefully we will see a few trickle into the library.

I know spring is Mother Nature's time of renewal, but Fall seems to be the renewal time for me this year. Ending and beginnings in store for the weeks ahead.

3 comments:

Anne's BLOG said...

Good luck with all those endeavors. I hate to see the reins change. They'll have Big Shoes to fill, for sure!

A Paperback Writer said...

Your bookstore sounds so fun.
There's a library donation bookstore for the Salt Lake Library, but I've only been in it once because there's no place to park anywhere near the main library downtown.
Fortunately, I live within walking distance of my local branch, so there's no problem with using the library. But I can't buy anything at the library store.

EYR said...

Thanks, Anne. It has been a fun and exciting two years for all of us, but new hands and eyes are now needed.

APW...yes, the store is FUN and full of amazing deals. But the best part is being able to chat about books and authors with all of our customers.