Friday, August 21, 2009

uh huh, that's right, who's the girl?!

Woot. Whee. Wahooo.

Had my second 'soccer' article appear in a local paper. The editor patched together three press releases and made one huge article and ran that along with two photos. It turned out well and looked good.

So that is two articles I've managed to place and the season hasn't even started yet. I'm happy. Nothing quite like a byline to get my feet dancing in the kitchen.

It has been a good week. Had a great meeting with the gals who will be taking on the bookstore when my time is up on October 1. Had a good time sorting donations and putting together a sale cart for the store, which then resulted in booming sales for the store and many happy readers. The happy readers makes me smile, it is a good thing to keep readers reading.

Today I think I will just go out and bum around town; we have a brand new Big Lots store to explore and I may treat myself to a fancy coffee drink and cookie down at our town square.

We have a busy soccer filled weekend ahead, so today is going to serve as my Saturday and Sunday; a day for rest, relaxation and fun.

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

Congrats on the articles.

Anne's BLOG said...

Good publicity and pictures for the Team! Hope you're keeping a scrapbook for them.
I have a 'day off' too, and am at loose ends about which project to work on or start first. But another good novel is calling...so away I go!

Elizabeth said...

YAHOO, what great news!