Monday, August 31, 2009

lots of everything week

This week is going to be jam packed with bookstore and Friends obligations, soccer games and practices, pantry restocking trips and a few other things.

Good thing "Dreamfever" arrived at the library the day after I put a hold on it. Knowing this is the latest book in the series and I will have to wait a whole year for the 5th and final book, I stretched reading it to over two days. Loved. Every. Word. And what a cliffhanger ending. Wowsa! Karen Marie Moning keeps getting better and better.

Watched the second to the final episode for this season of True Blood. Okay, so I wasn't thrilled with how Alan Ball brought Sophie Anne to the screen...the actress looks a bit too old and while she is clearly powerful and knowledgeable, she almost seems to be too flighty to be the Queen of Louisiana. I think I like the book version much better than the TV version. Of course, now we have to wait two whole weeks for the season finale. Bummer!

Soccer game for tonight was called off, but the oldest has games Tuesday and Wednesday. Middle kid has a game Wednesday. Throw in a few practices here and there and it adds up to lots of field time for all of us.

Plus, the beginning of the month is always busy with the Friends, the bookstore and the Library.

Better get my running shoes on!

No comments: