Wednesday, August 12, 2009

mid week happenings

Getting the house cleaned after a summer of 'make-do' cleaning took up five hours yesterday and will run over into today. Ugh. But, the result is nice to enjoy and worth the effort.

After I do that, I'm going to sit and watch a movie then try and finish the next Miss Julia book so I can begin the two books I requested from a neighboring library. Those books are by Kathy Emerson and are set in Elizabethan England.

The kids seem to have settled into their new school routines for the most part. The middle kid has quickly adopted a new 'high school' attitude, which, I have to tell you is humorous on one hand and irritating on the other! The older one fell immediately into the 'been there done that' mode; she has soooooo much experience with high school and such. The youngest keeps coming home with more things he 'needs' for class. I hope we have provided him with all the necessary essentials for 5th grade now after I made a run to Target last night.

Looks to be a good day!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love your take on cleaning!!! I'll have to remember that next summer and not worry so much about keeping up with it all!

Next on your list, send me the new menu Ü

good luck getting to your book, i finished shoots to kill yesterday, LOVED it!

Elizabeth said...

Love your take on cleaning!!! I'll have to remember that next summer and not worry so much about keeping up with it all!

Next on your list, send me the new menu Ü

good luck getting to your book, i finished shoots to kill yesterday, LOVED it!