Friday, June 27, 2008

weekend dead ahead

Friday at last. Not that Fridays hold the same magic for me since I left the 9-5 workforce, but they still contain a bit of sparkle as the hubby will be home and under foot and the kids will be around and we have quite a bit to do on Saturday and Sunday.

Tomorrow the oldest kid and I are hosting a baby shower for her soccer coach. This is Coach Anne's first baby and most likely one of the first 'showers' the team will get to attend. Needless to say, the team manager and I have set out to throw the best shower we can. We have games. We have cake. We have door prizes. It should be fun. We spent a bit of time yesterday in Target buying our gift. Unfortunately for my youngest, he had to tag along. Of course he had question after question as to why we were purchasing all this stuff and what exactly is a shower. I looked at him and said, it is just one of those girl things. He hears this a lot with two sisters and a mom. He understood and set about looking at the variety of baby bottles lining the aisle we were stuck in at that moment.

Which leads me to comment on the new baby stuff on the market. Geez. Amazing. Mostly unneeded.

New mommies should rely on the old mommies expertise in this area. I'm sure a variety of comments will fly tomorrow about baby rearing technology. Which will probably be followed by labor and birthing horror stories. I never contribute to those in the usual way. I just pipe up that I had all three of mine without the epidural and gave birth to whopping 8 and 9 pound kids. See..if I can do it, so can you.

To top off the weekend, my favorite uncle should be arriving from New Mexico at some point. Everyone has an eccentric uncle and he is mine. He's been married multiple times and has just about as many degrees from universities. He is the world's easiest house guest.

Still reading the Plum books. The weekend's activities may slow me down a bit, but that is okay. I should be savoring these babies instead of gulping them down.

Enjoy the weekend.

No comments: