Tuesday, June 24, 2008

two for tuesday

Before the youngest and I hit Lenny's yesterday for lunch, we stopped in the library and I picked up books 2,3,4 of the Stephanie Plum series. Yep, I'm hooked. I powered through Two for the Dough yesterday after we got home from Kung Fu Panda. Loved it. Grandma Mazur rocks. She reminds me of one of my grandmothers. On a visit to her several years back, before she moved into the nursing home, she showed me two outfits in her dresser. She then told me that one was for if she died in the summer (an orchid colored pantsuit) and one for if she died in the winter (a baby blue flannel night gown and robe). She'd already picked out what she wanted to be buried in! She's still going strong at 95 and rules that nursing home like the queen that she is. Of course, we all were well aware of her preference for funeral homes, she'd made that clear years before.

The movie was fun as well. The youngest had a ball and I enjoyed watching him enjoy the heck out of the movie. Although now I've got a hunger for Chinese noodles and dumplings.

We head out mid morning to pick up the oldest at soccer camp. I probably should have stocked up on stain remover to prepare for the loads of wash we will need to tackle this afternoon. We went to watch a scrimmage on Saturday night and the white tee shirt had some major grass and dirt stains on it. Shout to the rescue.

No comments: