Thursday, June 12, 2008

it's not you it's me

So, I've started to read Joe Konrath's book "Whiskey Sour." This is a good book with solid writing, characters, plot, dialogue. I'm going to finish it, but I doubt I will read another. It just isn't my cup of tea. I like mysteries, but not this brand. I don't mind books having sadistic killers, hey I read Lee Child and love those. For some reason, Konrath's story is just too darn real for me. The boogey man is just too vivid. This sort of stuff happens in the real world and I read to escape from reality not have it haunt my thoughts as I'm folding clothes or looking in the closet.

My hubby has tried to get me to watch horror movies over the years. If it doesn't have some supernatural creature in it, forget me copping a squat on the sofa next to him with the bowl of popcorn in my lap. I don't like slasher movies, never have and never will.

I guess I have found a book that also hits that note with me and my psyche.

On another front, I had another flash of scenery today as I was driving along to the oldest's French Horn lesson. Okay, Kim, what do you do when these moments of inspiration come and you are minutes away from being able to stop and jot them down? Do I need to carry a flippin tape recorder now??

2 comments:

Timberati said...

I tried to read it (I like the advice he gives on his site and blog) and got the same eeeewww feeling.

I quit during the candy scene. Too creepy.

EYR said...

Creepy is a good way to describe it. I've also checked out his site and blog, good stuff there. Thanks for the comment.