Friday, June 6, 2008

this just in

I'm nuts.

Yep, I deliver the oldest kid to her volunteer job at the library. She is the one librarian's girl Friday this summer. I saunter back to the work area and there sits the new train table and pieces the Friends bought to spruce up the children's area. I kick off my sandals and start assembling. One of the staff went and found a Phillips head screwdriver for me and I was as happy as a clam for 45 minutes. See, those days of toy assembling are long gone from my life. Not much to assemble in Wii/iPod world. Bliss aplenty in those boxes from China containing a pretty spiffy Thomas the Tank Engine knock off set.

Other highlights of the day were watching kids 2 and 3 at their swimming lessons. Ah, the smell of chlorine and Coppertone. It really is summer in a bottle.

Earlier in the day I coerced the kids into helping me clean house. Yippee, that hateful chore can be knocked out in two short hours now with my able bodied assistants.

Oldest kicked some booty last night at soccer try outs. This was the spring league tryout...she came home sporting some new scrapes, but her squad won 2 and tied 1. No losses...you go girl. Protect that goal.

No bookstore drama to report. Thank God. Did have an interesting conversation with my cousin who is a HR gal at a major manufacturing facility for an international corporation. Gave me some great 'HR speak' to use just in case things get really psycho.

On the psycho front, one of our mayoral candidates is trying to stir up a hornet's nest at our local B&N. Guess the bozo found some 'sexually explicit' material in the children's section. Good grief. Can't wait to find out what title curled his toes.

No comments: