Friday, June 20, 2008

reading update among other things

I kept my book sale copy of Whiskey Sour in the van in hopes that while I waited for various kids to finish their various activities I could finish the book. Yesterday while the oldest was at her music lesson, I tried yet again to read this book. Unfortunately, I started in on a chapter told from the serial killer's point of view. That rather gruesome chapter along with a pounding headache induced from hunger caused me to flip to the end of the book and peruse the last chapter. Stick a fork in it and call it done. The pages in between won't be read. I've already returned it to the donation pile at the library.

Last night I opened up Janet Evanovich's One for the Money. I'm probably the only female reader in all of North America who hasn't read Evanovich. That will be corrected. I was immediately engaged and look forward to spending some quality time with Stephanie Plum over the next few days.

Beyond that, the oldest heads out to soccer camp at a nearby college today. The middle kid heads out for points further south on vacation with a friend's family tomorrow. The ranks are thinning for a few days. Look for a review on Kung Fu Panda early next week as that is on my agenda in the next 72 hours.

2 comments:

Timberati said...

Good solution. Is the ending creepy?

EYR said...

The ending isn't bad, the killer gets killed in a gruesome way and Jack moves on to the next case. I just don't think those types of mysteries are my cup of tea. I'm more of a cozy mystery fan...let the bad stuff happen off camera and I for sure don't want to have the killer give me a play by play of what they are thinking...ick.