Monday, June 18, 2012

what a nice weekend

I sort of forgot what weekends are like. Of late, we've been working so hard on Saturday and Sunday that no one has felt rested or recharged when Monday rolls around. We had a lovely, slow, not much going on weekend and it was long over due.

We took the oldest to purchase her 'class' ring. We avoided the nasty things they sell through Jostens and Balfour and instead she selected a very pretty pearl ring from James Avery.

The hubby worked  on my laptop. It had been acting up, the blue screen of death appeared and everything. So he took time to do a 'nuke and pave' to it. Dumped everything important off it and reinstalled the operating system. We have to give it a trial run this morning.

I have been using the kids' laptop for the last two weeks. I hope mine is all better as the thought of purchasing a laptop for the big kid to take to the university with her and getting a new one for me at the same time wasn't in the budget.

Shout out to my blog friend, Lisa! Lisa, hope you are doing better today!!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Thank you, Liz.
Things are still scary. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

EYR said...

Consider it done!

Lisa Shafer said...

Better news from the doctor! He was not so clear last Friday, and it caused me a whole weekend of worry.
Today he definitely recommends that I do NOT have the surgery repeated. Whew.
Thanks for your concern.

EYR said...

Lisa, that is good news! So relieved for you. Let the healing begin!!