Wednesday, June 27, 2012

lift off

The magazine was given the green light by the BOT over the weekend, which means I have actual work to get done. We had a department meeting yesterday, a conference call with the media analyst/expert gal a few hours later and I sent the first draft of the new emailed newsletter template out for review.

Today my boss and I are sitting down ( may have to glue him to his seat ) and laying out the departments for the new magazine.

With an editorial advisory board being appointed, all science geeks, we need to have a road map for this magazine or we could end up in big trouble. They love to get off topic and need some strong management in order to keep them on task when it comes to things like this. Smart, smart people, but when it comes to this magazine, well, it isn't their realm of expertise.

That is what they have Journalism majors for! Time to start earning my money.

No comments: