Thursday, June 7, 2012

the 'b' word

My 'b' word is not what you think. I have been putting off going to the eye doctor for 18 months now. I finally caved and went late yesterday afternoon. I knew walking in that BIFOCALS were in my future.

We go to an optometry practice owned by two women. They are fantastic and have always worked with us and been there when we had an emergency. So, my eye doc knew just how to handle this one. Yep, she told me it was time for progressive lenses and then showed me the difference they would make.

Astounding. She also spent quite a bit of time talking to me about how to make the adjustment to those types of lenses.

Then she handed me over to the gal who helped me pick my new glasses, measured me etc. This gal has been with these two docs for years and besides their financial gal, is one of the few 'old' faces in the practice. She also was quite helpful and reassuring.

So, my new specs will be in in the next 7-10 days. Off on yet another new adventure.

In other news, I was able to spend a good chunk of time yesterday working on planning five possible programs for our town reading event. My next meeting for that is in the next week, so we will see what the committee thinks of my proposal.

Our new kitchen appliances were delivered and installed yesterday. The dishwasher works, but makes a horrible, steady, buzzing sound. Back it goes. Well, once they get a new one to replace it. Hubby is handling all of that.

But, the new shiny appliances look great and update the kitchen. Of course they now make my countertops looks even more dated and even more green, if that is possible.

No walking today....couldn't haul this bifocal needing body out of bed soon enough today.

No comments: