Tuesday, May 1, 2012

when work and hobbies collide

Part of my new job is to assist with our social media efforts. Yesterday our department director returned from his trip out west and promptly made me an admin on our Facebook page and a moderator on our Linkedin page. He was also ready to sign me up to access the Blogger account. Well, that one wound up not happening as the new website we are planning on launching sometime this year (nonprofit land can be a bit loosey-goosey when it comes to some timelines) may include some sort of blog feature that will render our Blogger account obsolete.

So, I actually get paid to post to Facebook now and toy around with our other social media sites. Ha! All that time I've 'wasted' online may actually begin to pay off....pretty amazing.

I'm at work for a couple of hours today as I have to travel into the big city to do my civic duty and line up for jury selection. Ugh. Don't mind the civic duty part, but I do mind the timing and the travel. Of course today is jam packed with TONS of family stuff to do. It always works that way.

Happy Tuesday. 

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Paid to facebook.... Well, lots of other employers are paying people to facebook, too -- only they don't realize it. :)

Travis Erwin said...

Good for you. I still have to cheat and use Facebook when I'm not supposed to be on it at work. Oh well at least I;m still getting paid.