Tuesday, May 15, 2012

programs

It looks like our literacy group has unofficially chosen "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" for the official novel of our community reading event. Over the past week the committee members have been posting ideas for programs to offer the community. Of course, these events must tie in with the book in some fashion.

I weighed in with my ideas yesterday. Not a minute too soon. I fired off an email to the group while I was still at work. The ideas shared by others were good, but not broad enough in scope. So, I suggested about ten different things that would reach out to a bigger portion of folks in our Town. The committee chair has yet to respond to my 'off the wall' ideas. My words, not their words. 

The next meeting takes place on the night of the Senior Awards ceremony for the oldest, so I'm not sure if I can  do both and keep it all together. Might be one appointment too many to try and keep.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: