Monday, May 21, 2012

graduation week

Graduation week is here. I will be the mom of a high school graduate in just a few short hours. I'm feeling my age a bit this morning. I had a rough night and didn't sleep well. The storm that rolled through didn't help matters, but it was more my mind that kept me awake than the thunder and lightning. Thoughts about the past 18 years kept rolling around in my head. Not bad thoughts, lots and lots of good thoughts. Yet, it was enough that falling asleep was difficult.

Concentrating at work is going to be a bit of a chore.

In other news, the middle daughter and I went to the library yesterday. I found two books and she came home with three, one of which she read while we were at the baccalaureate service for the older one last night. I gave the other two kids a 'pass' on attending that as I knew seating would be at a premium. She is on a mission for scary mysteries with a bit of a paranormal element to them. We picked out "Relic" the first Aloysius Pendergast novel by Preston & Childs. If she likes it, she is set as they have about 10 books featuring Pendergast.

Okay, off to get more coffee and see if the paper has arrived yet.


3 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Good luck!
This is as much a milestone for Mom as it is for Daughter!

EYR said...

Thank you, Lisa!

Kim Smith said...

I found the Morganville vampire series some time ago and am about three books behind... sigh, I LOVE BOOKS!!!