Thursday, May 3, 2012

community reading project

I believe our Literacy Council has narrowed the field to two titles: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.

I enjoyed both books and think either title would enable us to offer a host of events to the community. I know book clubs in the area have already read these books, but they are good enough that many might choose to read them again.

Trying to pick which one will be the ultimate selection is out of my hands...thank goodness. We had three committee members absent from yesterday's meeting, so the chair will collect their votes and let us know the final tally.

In the meantime, I have some emails to send to begin to garner financial support for the project. And I need to start thinking of programming for either book as well as YA and Children's titles that might be good 'supporting' reads.


No comments: