Monday, April 9, 2012

what a weekend

I think I could use a few days off to recover from the weekend we had. Busy, busy, busy. But, it was a lot of fun!

We purchased the younger daughter's prom dress at the discount store another soccer mom recommended. It was a little bit of a drive to get there, but well worth the trip. The dress we ordered for the oldest arrived and fits!  Yippee!! So, both girls have dresses and my big part of the process is over. Yippee!! They can handle procuring the shoes and the accessories themselves.

Saturday we ran a few errands in the morning and then worked in the yard for the rest of the day. My allergies were killing me and I wound up nodding off before 8:00 P.M.

Sunday was church, a lot of cooking and a lot of laundry. Plus, we had promised the youngest to take him to see The Hunger Games. We did and we all enjoyed it. I think hubby and the boy will now, finally, read the books and understand why the rest of us enjoyed the trilogy so much.

Off to a busy week and perhaps an odd one. I think they are interviewing the external candidates this week. Hmmmm. Might be interesting!

Happy Dyngus Day or Easter Monday if you are not Polish.

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Or happy back to school for the rest of us.
Glad you found the dresses.

Kim Smith said...

i enjoyed spending time with you, girl. Hope to do it again soon!