Wednesday, March 30, 2011

ordering school pictures

I bypassed ordering the youngest kid's fall school picture and hoped the one taken in the spring would be better. That envelope arrived home via backpack yesterday, the photo was a vast improvement over the one taken earlier in the year, so I went ahead and ordered a few copies to distribute to the family. The fall pictures are taken so the shots can be used in the yearbook, but the spring ones have a fake outdoor backdrop and a more casual pose. His hair looked better, his outfit looked better and although he didn't smile, he didn't grimace either. When the older two kids saw the proof of the youngest one's photo, they first question they had was, "Why did you leave your sweatshirt on?"

The youngest wears, not quite daily, but on a regular basis, a black hooded, zippered sweatshirt to school over a variety of tee shirts. Most of his garments come from Old Navy and he always looks presentable. He was quick to inform them that the sweatshirt is part of his signature look.

Signature look? What? Hahahahahaha.  I sputtered, snorted and then laughed as did his sisters. He stood there not quite believing why we found this so humorous. I guess we've forced him to watch too many programs about models, style, self improvement etc. on the occasions when we wrest the TV controller away from his father and whatever sports program is on during the weekend.

Ahhhh. The joys of children. They are always good for a few laughs now and then.

But, speaking of school pictures, the oldest came home making noises about senior pictures. I again sputtered and snorted, but I want to cry not laugh.  Senior pictures? Really? When did you get to be a senior? Oh my. Oh my.

I've ordered the middle school pictures and I guess I will be making arrangement to order some senior pictures soon. Laughter, tears.....it is all good.

No comments: