Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just what does a Friends of the Library president do?

When I took on the presidency for the Friends, I was handed a bag full of files and given a hug. I think the next president might need a little more than that. I've started the process of putting together a manual to exactly outline what the president does and when. The manual will also contain information on what the other officers do, as well as what the book sale and book store managers duties are.

At some point in the future, I will be able to hand off this manual along with a jump drive containing pertinent files and walk away with a very clean conscience. I will have provided a starting point for the next president and that board of officers.

I began to make a list yesterday and started to see a format for the manual take shape. This is not going to be a day long project. It most likely will take me a week as I need to provide examples as well as guidelines and instructions for multiple endeavors. I have the time right now and I hope to have the project completed by the middle of next week.

No comments: