Tuesday, March 15, 2011

the birds in the bush

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm letting the bird I have in my hand go and hoping that the birds in the bush will arrive in my life at a better time. Timing is everything. Things happen for a reason. All in good time.

Blah, blah, blah, wah, wah, wah.

I feel like my mid 40's are in danger of becoming a huge cliche. Could it be I am this month's poster child for menopausal, plumbing dysfunctional women? It sure feels that way. The cosmos needs to stop raining on my parade, but in the meantime, first things first. Hubby and I had a long talk and my thoughts of soldiering on and trying to ignore my symptoms in order to capitalize on the 'bird' in hand were shot down like a mallard on the first day of duck season.

Something else will turn up. When I'm functioning at more than 50-60% effectiveness and not on prescription pain medicine. Right? Right?

Hey cosmos? I'm talking to you? You listening up there? Do you really want to mess with this woman?

I need more coffee. I think I just heard a chuckle.

No comments: