Wednesday, March 23, 2011

conversations

I enjoyed two lovely conversations yesterday with two gals I don't get to see very often. In the morning I received a phone call from one of the very first people I met after we moved here. I was paired with her to teach a first grade PRE class and we hit it off right away. She is a hoot and mothers a brood of five kids. When the older boys went off to high school she took part time work in nursing and has a crazy work schedule to juggle on top of her family schedule. They have also stopped going to our parish and now attend another one, so our days of running into each other after Mass are over. But, we have a good 'catch up' at least a few times a year. That sounds sort of sad, but it isn't as I do keep tabs on her through her hubby who is our pharmacist. I see him when I'm at our grocery store. We talked for 90 minutes about everything and shared lots of laughs.

Then last night at the soccer field I ran into a couple whose daughter used to play with both my girls. She is now in a different club, one that practices a bit closer to their home, so we only see them when we are playing that new team.  We were able to visit for the whole game and enjoyed talking about all sorts of things. It was fun!

Not sure what sort of conversations are in store for me today as I take my minivan in for some recall work to be done at the dealership, but it is always interesting to people watch in such places. I plan on taking two books with me as I am nearing the end of one and expect I will need a back up book to keep me occupied while I wait.

Yep, it is Wednesday.

No comments: