Monday, September 22, 2008

things to do

I wound up taking an eight mile bike ride on Friday. It was the perfect way to sort through the noise in my head. The weekend was really calm. No madcap rushing from one event to another. Just what I think we all needed.

I finished reading a trilogy of books over the weekend. "The Faerie Path" books by Frewin Jones started off pretty weak and although they did get better, these books are more geared towards J-fic instead of YA. After reading such YA fantasy titles from O.R. Melling and Holly Black, these three books just didn't hit the mark for me.

On the nightstand right now is the YA vampire book "Masquerade" by Melissa de la Cruz. It has been a while since I read the first book, "Blue Bloods", so I struggled a bit to recall the world de la Cruz built. But, I'm humming right along now and enjoying the story.

This week I have bookstore training to present today, a shift to work tomorrow and then I may finally get around to painting some trim in the house. Three windows need a coat as well as the baseboard trim in the kitchen.

I'd also like to get back to the wips and perhaps clean out the flower beds.

Just a real assortment of things to do in the next five days.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

Can you say "writing hunger"??? I am up to 6000 words on the WIP. Man, something about sitting idle long periods of time will do that!