Friday, September 26, 2008

a bit of this and that

After I got home from the library, I tackled flower beds. I managed to get the front of the house done and started on the back. Before I began, I greased up with my anti poison ivy lotion and donned some oh so attractive elbow length gloves. You see, I fell victim to poison ivy about three years ago after weeding one of my backyard beds. Now I am hyper sensitive to everything that is green with leaves. Shortly after I bagged up the last of the 'stuff,' I noticed small red bumps on my arms. Yep, the clear sign I needed to quit for the day.

Into the shower I went and then the antihistamine lotion was applied followed by a benedryl. So, the rest of the afternoon was spent in front of the TV.

I still have two more beds to clean out for fall. They will have to wait until next week now. I like to do yard work on trash day so the stuff doesn't sit and stink for a week. Next week is going to be cooler, so I can wear long sleeves and the gloves and be more protected. I hope.

Now, for the fun news. One of my reporter acquaintances emailed me yesterday about an article she is writing. She landed an interview with Charlaine Harris and was looking for me to hook her up with a devoted reader or book club. After I raved about all things Charlaine, she decided she'd found her devoted reader. So, I'm being interviewed this morning for the article. How totally awesome is that??!!

Tonight is girls night out for a few of us. Off to the deli and the movies. We may see either Ghost Town or Eagle Eye. I'll post my thoughts after the show.

Enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

congrats on the article. sad day here. be offline a few. check your email.