Wednesday, September 17, 2008

something is in progress

Something is in progress, which is better than nothing in progress. Not sure if I would label it 'work', but I did open MB yesterday and ended up spending a few hours in that world. I began real revisions. I cut passages, created a new document and plopped the deleted scenes in there. I began to think about beefing up one plot thread I'd neglected. I nudged, tweaked, polished and massaged four chapters.

Then as a treat to myself, I started something brand new. A new story came to me, all fresh and shiny. I'm stuck with the Lani story and am not sure how to fix it, so I began something totally different. I even took the laptop with me to the soccer field so I could work in the 45 minutes before the game kicked off. I've never done that before. Not sure why, but I tell you what, I enjoyed sitting in the van with the laptop balanced on my knees while I typed away.

Yep, something is in progress.

1 comment:

Kim Smith said...

You just gotta share soon. I had a major story idea hit me yesterday too, and it is everything BUT a cozy -- go figure! More like suspense thriller, think Cold Case :)