Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Yikes. Ugh. Sigh.

Yesterday was one of those days. I've never felt like I was drowning, but work is giving me that feeling. Since they expanded the magazine from four to six issues, it has been coming. I think yesterday it arrived. That feeling that no matter how much you do, how hard you try to get ahead and stay organized, being behind is the new normal. I don't like that. It makes me feel like I'm drowning.

Yikes.

I found errors in the magazine I was proofing yesterday that I would never normally make. That is disturbing. I don't have time to fix them. All I can do is try better on the next one. I'm thinking about making a checklist for each article to make sure I run each one through the same process. Haven't had to do that for the past 8 years, but I guess I need to now.

Ugh.

I'm overwhelmed. I keep telling myself that your workload can't be increased by 50% and things just hum along like they were without some impact. I know that logically, but that need to be perfect and have things just so is there.

Sigh.

Today's positive: book club is this week!
Today's goal: barre again today

No comments: