Tuesday, January 7, 2020

new routines

Another new routine I am adopting for 2020 is to listen to NPR during my morning drive to work. I have usually listened to MSNBC or CNN for news and once I am yelling at the radio, I switch it to 80s music.

NPR, so far, has been a breath of fresh air. Which is perfect as the program on at 6:30 is Fresh Air! I've heard an old interview with Toni Morrison and one with Bruce Springsteen.

Why the change? Well, two reasons. First, channel surfing and news options were making me a bit anxious and sad. Second, I'm turning 55 in March and I have a sudden need to learn new things. I think that is also driving the nonfiction reading efforts.

Who knows, I may start listening to podcasts next!

Today's positive: slept well, almost too well, I feel a bit wonky this morning
Today's goal: barre at 4:30

No comments: