Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Here's to 2020

I can tell my vacation ends in less than 24 hours as I woke this morning at 4:00 AM. The thought of the office and all the normal routines are creeping in and my stress level is rising. The last 13 days have been wonderful. Stepping away and not thinking about work was needed. I am refreshed and while I'm not ready to go back, it will be okay.

2019 was a good year for me. Work went well even though we had several folks depart our small department. We survived and even thrived! Home-stuff went along as it usually does. The kids are all, more or less, doing well. Adulting can be rough and they have had stumbles, but things look to be on track for them.

I managed to read over 100 books in 2019. Hubby's travel schedule assisted with that. Even though we have several TV options to choose from, I'd rather read most evenings. I also stayed on track with my Pure Barre routine and managed to keep to a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday routine for the most part. I can see a difference and I feel a difference as well. Being able to attend 6 classes in a row before Christmas was a new personal best for me. The stress relief was needed and it helped offset those holiday calories. I have renewed my contract for 2020 and extended it a few months into 2021 due to a deal on class packages, so I am committed moving forward. I've attended over 370 classes so far and hope to hit 500 this year.

I hadn't posted on this blog in a very long time. Years have gone by without a post. That's okay. I kept track of my reading on Pinterest and I do enough writing at the office to soothe that itch. However, with the new decade launching, I think now is a good time to return to this. I find I spend too much time in the morning on social media. It doesn't help me feel good. I'd rather return to this platform and hash out the thoughts in my head here.

This is also prep for my impending retirement and a place where I can begin to write my next chapter. I have a few ideas in mind for what will come when March 2021 rolls around. Story ideas, gardening ideas, home improvement ideas, travel ideas. Lots of ideas!

I'm excited to start noting them and planning for them.

So here is to 2020. A new decade for all of us on this planet and a new opportunity with each sunrise to try and get it right.

Today's positive: baked oatmeal in the oven.
Today's goal: read the latest Holly Black novel I downloaded....my first book of 2020.


No comments: