Monday, January 6, 2020

the week ahead

What a nice weekend. We really enjoyed Little Women, although familiarity with the book seemed to fill in a lot of character development points for the audience. My kiddo had several questions after the movie and felt that some things weren't explained well.

I am back to the empty nest now. Everyone left by noon on Sunday. Hubby and I got caught up on Vikings and enjoyed a simple dinner. We are all back where we belong.

The week ahead will be long. It always is after a holiday break. I hope it goes quickly and we settle back into the routine of normal life. I do need to stop by the library today and pick up a book I placed on hold. It is one of the titles for my book club. I think it is our February read.

So, with the new year here and underway, I'm trying a few different things. Of course, one of them is blogging again. What is old is new! The other thing I am doing is reading one chapter in a nonfiction book each morning. And, staying on my barre schedule. I went to class Saturday and Sunday, so that return to normalcy is well underway.

Something positive: coffee is almost done
Today's goal: clean house after work

No comments: