Thursday, January 16, 2020

Awake

I was supposed to go to book club last night, but I canceled by 6:15 as a storm was coming in and my head was pounding. Oh well. It looks like they had a great time from the pics on Facebook.

Instead, hubby got home and we watched three episodes of Schitt's Creek. I was in bed by 9 and slept well for a change.

The house is cool this morning and I'm hoping the next few days of lower temps will stay around as predicted. I'm missing winter. The crisp, cool, mornings and chilly days have been very limited this year. Instead, it has neared 70 each day. It does wonders for my curly hair, but not so much for the crud-ridden people all around.

The weekend is looming as today is Friday-eve. Yay! I need to do better about making it to barre this weekend and I really need to go to the grocery store.

I finished my first nonfiction book of the year this morning. I'm enjoying my new goal of reading one chapter of a nonfiction book each morning instead of scrolling around on social media for an hour or watching the news. Both are depressing and I'm feeling better about learning something on the written page instead.

The first book was Pam Grossman's Waking the Witch. Fabulous read and I learned quite a bit about the history of witches, modern witchcraft, women's empowerment, and oh so many sparkly things! If I could ever find the time, energy, and opportunity to listen to podcasts, I would listen to hers. She is an entertaining writer.

Today's positive: It is cooler outside.
Goal: barre class...#3 for the week.

No comments: