Friday, January 3, 2020

Excited

The middle kid and I are heading to see Little Women on Saturday. I'm very excited. One of my fave books and I believe I've seen every movie and TV adaptation around on the March girls. I've heard great things about this version and the cast is stellar.

This event will wrap up our Christmas 2019 break. I was able to be off work for 13 days, such a treat. Returning to the office yesterday was hard and the day didn't start well. I was locked out of the building since they updated the security system and my new key was on my desk. Not helpful. Waited for 5 minutes before my calling and ringing finally got the door opened. Then my email wouldn't open and I got an error message. Sigh. Then, no TP on one of the stall spools. Joy. Some things just never change in that place and TP is one of them. The women I work with seem to have an aversion to changing the roll.

The day was quiet and pretty low-key. No one wanted to be there. Today will go fast, I hope. We will go out to lunch and that should help the afternoon speed along.

And it's Friday! The weekend is ahead and while both kids will be heading home on Sunday, I'm ready to return to our normal routine. I did make it to exercise class yesterday and am a bit sore today. I will be going early Saturday and Sunday as well. With it being a free weekend...new recruits needed, classes should be packed.

Today's positive: the girl is happy her TN Vols won over my IU Hoosiers.
Today's goal: not let the petty stuff at work get to me like yesterday.

No comments: