Wednesday, July 17, 2013

time to be charmed

The level of energy at work continues to be amped up. Yesterday the director announced what happened on Monday and let everyone know about the new assignments/responsibilities for some of us. Then I spent a good portion of the rest of the day either in meetings or talking about all the details of this new 'alignment.'

One detail announced was that my whole department is going to Baltimore in October. So, it is off to Charm City for the three of us. I might actually get to experience some of the cool stuff I've been tweeting, facebooking, and posting on linkedin.  Nice. I'm going to have plenty to keep me busy during the five days I am there, but I have hope to sneak out and explore a bit.

Like I want to see Poe's grave. Yep. I want to eat a real crab cake. Those are my top two.

In the meantime, there is a TON of work to be done. Digging through someone else's computer files is not an easy task. He wasn't super organized. It is a good reminder for me to make sure my stuff is clean and well kept. We are trying to approach it all in a uniform way in our area. We received the bulk of the committee liaison appointments and have agreed that we need to keep all of our 'stuff' in one central location so that if one of us is out, the others can access the info and get the committee folks what they might need.

So, the rest of the week is going to fly by. If the summer wasn't already speeding by, it has now hit warp speed.

Hey Wednesday, sure I can't squeeze more than 24 hours out of you??

No comments: