Monday, November 5, 2012

what i'm reading

I finished Justin Cronin's sequel to "The Passage" this weekend. "The Twelve" picks right up where the first book of this trilogy left off in regards to intensity and complexity even if time has passed. I had a bit of struggle getting started as I had forgotten some of the characters and their plot lines. It was a good read and I will look forward to the third and final book.

My last visit to the library also allowed me to pick up another novel, also the second book in a trilogy. This one is the latest from Deborah Harkness, author of "A Discovery of Witches." Matthew and Diana have time traveled back to 1590 to search out a witch to train Diana. "Shadow of Night" is entertaining and starts off filled with a variety of historical characters. I'm not very far into this one, so I will comment more on it once I am halfway finished.

I have also put in a request for the latest from Karen Marie Moning. I loved her "Fever" books and this new title returns to that world.

That's what I'm reading this week!

No comments: