Tuesday, November 20, 2012

talking turkey with a side of roll tide

Today is my Friday for the week. I'm taking tomorrow off! I can't tell you how excited I am to have 5 days off in a row. It has been a long time since I've had that kind of break and I'm more than ready to enjoy some time at home.

I braved Kroger yesterday to get the few things I needed to prepare the Thanksgiving feast. I had most of it already stashed away in the pantry and the freezer, but I had to buy a turkey and a turkey breast. The hubby is going to deep fry the bird and I will roast the breast. Not too much to choose from at Kroger and the turkey aisle was jammed pack. I told the middle daughter I had to hip-check an old guy out of the way to grab the bird I wanted! She then, of course, sent that out on twitter. Lovely! Ha Ha.

The other funny thing about my trip to Kroger was the number of Roll Tides I heard. I wore my new Bama sweatshirt to work yesterday. We are on blue jean dress code until after Thanksgiving. I had four people give me the Roll Tide greeting. It truly is a cultural thing. I gave them a nice drawled out Roll Tide right back! It is a substitute for hello among these people. And it is really kind of funny! I've never heard anyone wander a store aisle greeting folks in ND or IU garb with a Go Irish, or Go IU- Fight, Fight, Fight! But, wear some Bama gear and you get Roll Tides in every aisle of the store.

Note to self-when in a grumpy, quiet mood, don't wear the Bama shirt!

Happy Thanksgiving! Roll Tide! Watch out for the old guys in the turkey aisle who can't decide which bird they want.

2 comments:

Kim Smith said...

haha too funny! i get off at 230pm tomorrow and will begin the cooking. Hope you and yours have a very happy Thanksgiving!!

EYR said...

And the same to you and yours! I saw the pic you posted of your kidlet/owlet...she looks great! I think teaching must agree with her. Hugs to you all.